I decided to try at a print which involves curves and thus hanging edges enough to just stick to the previous layer to test out the efficiency of the machine. I used this pot from thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3781
I learned lots. belts slipped. Gears slipped. Temperatures varied. and I was watching this thing for 3.5 hours. Enjoyable to watch for sure, but definitely needs to be calibrated more to be reliable.
In urdu we call this a lota. Its used for washing and for holding water for drinking if its made out of clay itll keep the water cool.
A gear kept slipping in the z axis. I also noticed that the bowden cable was pushing against the xcarriage and thus moving it a little which caused some shifting in the print.
Heres the video:
Here are some photos:
The fan really helps with printing on the overhangs as seen above ^-^
I’ll post a video soon.